Our Way leads the way
Clear Channel is a value-governed organization and we have worked hard to create a sustainable culture where people thrive, feel great, have fun, and have ideal conditions for performing at their very best. As part of this work, we have developed “Our Way,” a set of values that guides our daily work.
Our Way is based on the following behaviors that we believe are important for all colleagues in Clear Channel Scandinavia to share:
- We are committed
- We are one
- We get things done
- We mean business
- Prepares and participates actively and on his/her own initiative in projects, processes and meetings.
- Contributes to job satisfaction and camaraderie through his/her participation and presence in the activities of the group and the company.
- Puts in extra hours/effort when it is needed to solve a problem or achieve a goal.
- Continually deepens his/her knowledge of the company, his/her area of expertise and our industry.
- Takes responsibility for independently taking decisions that are within the mandate of his/her own role.
- Works proactively, comes up with solutions rather than finding problems and acts well in advance.
- Takes responsibility for solving a task from start to finish. Delivers as promised/agreed.
- Takes responsibility and stands up for his/her decisions and actions rather than passing them on to others.
- Puts the team before himself/herself and sees the big picture as more important than the success of the individual.
- Values the development of others and helps them to achieve success. Gives feedback to colleagues and contributes to an open, inclusive and positive working climate.
- Understands and takes active notice of the working methods and priorities of other departments, respects these and acts accordingly.
- Uses his/her expertise together with colleagues from his/her own and other departments to jointly seek solutions to challenges. Creates conditions for cooperation and shares his/her knowledge.
- Is constantly looking for new, simpler, more efficient and better ways to perform his/her daily work. Challenges “givens” and comes up with concrete and innovative solutions to problems.
- Deals with challenges by being forward-looking and solution oriented.
- See changes as opportunities and not as threats.
- Is aware of his/her strengths and areas of improvement, is active in his/her own development, including continually ensuring that he/she has the appropriate expertise for their position.
- Is good at planning and prioritizing his/her time and work.
- Combines speed and quality through skillful balancing and doing the right thing in the right way.
- Follows rules and guidelines and use the tools, systems and routines that the work requires.
- Involves the right colleagues/resources at the right time to solve challenges and problems
- Understands how the company makes money and considers the company’s profitability, the long-term bigger picture, and the best interests of the customer in every decision.
- Has the courage to do what is required despite being faced with difficult decisions.
- Uses facts, analyses and key figures to substantiate his/her decisions and analyse their consequences.
- Adapts to new business conditions in a fast and correct way.